Monday, November 2, 2020

Announcement: New Changes!

Hello!

I’m back after taking some time off to sort things out in my personal life.

I kind of wanted to post a short post to announce that with the new look of this blog, I have also decided to not give myself deadlines and schedules of writing and posting. I initially created this blog because I wanted a place where I could share my thoughts freely and without the stress of rules or deadlines. I enjoyed writing and I also wanted to try something new so I decided to create this blog as my passion project.

However, I’m sure that if you have been reading my blog for some time or if you happen to come across it and look through my old posts, I have not been good at being consistent in posting. I sometimes have a tendency to feel really motivated which for a time helps me to write and post consistently. But when that motivation wears off or things in my life go a bit out of my control, I tend to stop writing and posting because I start to feel like I have nothing to say or I worry that I might be saying a bit too much. This, in turn, affects me because I start feeling bad about not being able to stay consistent so I start forcing myself to write which of course leads me to write things that  are rushed and not really planned or well thought of. Of course by doing that, I start feeling worse. I start not wanting to write at all because I suddenly feel like it has become a chore and not something that I do because I enjoy doing it.

So by giving myself some leeway in posting when I feel like it and not due to a schedule, I think I’m giving myself some space to enjoy the process of writing. Hopefully, that helps me get back that feeling of excitement and motivation that I felt when I initially started this blog.

I hope that this plan works and that I’ll be able to write more again in the future. But for now this is me saying see you again soon.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment