Saturday, July 2, 2022

Some of My Favorite Songs since December 2021

Hello!

I’ve been listening to a lot of good songs recently because a lot of my favorites are releasing music. So I decided to compile all of the music videos that I watched and wrote about in my journal and just put them in one post together.


These are not the only songs that I’ve loved and played on repeat this year but they are the ones released by some of my favorite artists. I might make a post about the other songs that I’ve loved next time.



POP! BY NAYEON


Photo taken from Google Images.



From the teasers I’ve watched, I knew that this song was going to be a bop. I’m so glad that it didn’t disappoint.


This song felt a bit familiar and nostalgic. It felt like a Twice song (around their earlier releases) with the cute and bubbly vibe. But there were also parts when I thought it had an Itzy vibe. I guess Nayeon really wanted to showcase her versatility and talents for her solo debut.


I think that this song is really good for performance because it showcased her dancing skills while showcasing her vocal skills. It seemed like this song used a key that was suited for her since she didn’t seem like she struggled to sing while performing.


I also liked seeing her dancing to this song with other artists on Tiktok and Instagram.


I’m looking forward to listening to the rest of her album because this song was really good and I keep putting it on repeat.




LEFT AND RIGHT BY CHARLIE PUTH FEAT. JUNGKOOK


Photo taken from Google Images.



I waited for this song since I first saw a teaser posted by Charlie Puth on Tiktok. So I was so excited to finally listen to it and watch the music video. And it was so worth the wait.


I immediately loved the song. It’s so nice to listen to and it’s so catchy. I especially love the parts when they sing “I can feel you over here, I can feel you over hear” and “Oh, no (Oh, no)” and you hear the first parts on your left ear and the second parts on your right ear when you listen to it through headsets or earphones. Those parts kept giving me the chills because it sounds like they’re singing right beside you.


I really love the song. Jungkook is also so cute in the music video. He seems so happy and playful. Also, their voices complemented each other really well.


I also like that the music video made sense. The song seems to be about trying to move on from a relationship but moving on is hard because it’s hard to forget the person. In the music video, Charlie Puth is talking to a Psychologist and Jungkook seems like an imaginary person or a part of memory since Charlie Puth seems like he’s the only one who sees Jungkook.


I really love this song and I will probably listen to it on repeat for a while.




YET TO COME (THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MOMENT) BY BTS


Photo taken from Google Images.



I watched the music video a day after its release and oh my gosh, I loved it. I love the song and the music video and I thought it was really fitting that it is the title track of their anthology album.


The song and music video felt personal and like they were letting us know how they think and feel about their journey to success. It also feels nostalgic because of the references to their older songs and music videos. I got excited every time I recognized the references.


After initially listening to it a couple of times, I thought that this song was hinting at a new chapter for them as artists since they’re currently celebrating nine years since their debut. This made me feel excited about their future releases because they’ll keep improving since they said that their best is yet to come.


Then after a couple of days, on their debut anniversary day, it was announced that they will be taking a break from group activities to focus on their personal and individual growth as people and as artists. So the song kind of felt like a see you later after that revelation. I was a bit sad when I found out but I was also happy for them that they are taking a break for themselves after working so hard non-stop for so long. 


So, I’m looking forward to the day that they’ll make a comeback together again as a group. I’m looking forward that it’ll be better than ever. I hope they will continue to make music together as a group for a long time because their songs have really brought me joy ever since I was introduced to their music.




NANANA BY GOT7


Photo taken from Google Images.



I like this song. It helped me decide that I will purchase the physical album after deliberating whether I should buy it or not.


Listening to this song reminded me of the time when Got7 was the group that I followed and supported the most. I think that this song had a similar vibe to “Look” and “Lullaby” eras because of the visuals and “Breath” and “Last Piece” era in terms of musicality.


Hearing this song, it really screamed Got7 to me because I think that they kind of have a signature style in their music and this song had that for me.


This song took me back to that time when I discovered Got7 and they were the only group that I stanned. I hope they can continue making music together for longer. I guess this proved to me that a part of me will always stay as an Aghase even if I may not follow them as closely as before.




ANYMORE BY JEON SOMI


Photo taken from Google Images.



I first heard this song on Spotify when I listened to her full album (“XOXO”). It immediately became one of my favorite songs on that album.


So last December, when I noticed that she had released a music video for this song, I watched it as soon as possible and liked it. I thought that it was able to capture the song’s lyrics and emotions well. You really feel the sadness and heartbreak while looking at Somi’s acting and while looking at the aesthetics of the video. But then there was a portion near the end of the video when you see Somi smiling, hopping, and walking around the place filled with fairy lights that made you feel that regardless of her sadness and heartbreak, she was still hoping that the person who left her still thinks about her and that someday that person will come back.


I’ve watched this music video a lot and there was a time that I played it on repeat even if it isn’t a dancing or performance type of video which are the types of videos I typically watch on repeat.



That’s all for now, bye!



P.S. I haven't included J-Hope's song and music video "More" since it just came out yesterday and I haven't been able to listen to nor watch it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment