Sunday, January 19, 2020

2019 Favorites


Hello!

I’d like to share with you the some of the items that I really enjoyed or made me happy during the 2019. I’m going to arrange them per category for better appreciation.

Skincare Products

Last year, I was more experimental with beauty and skincare products. I felt braver in trying products because it seemed that my skin was improving so I wanted to try products that are cheaper and more accessible than the products that I was using. Of course, not all products worked out well but the following are the products that I’ve tried and have become my favorites last year.


1. Thayer’s Rose Petal Toner
My sister recommended this to me after learning all about it from her friend. Her friend had told her that it worked wonders for her skin and that it helped calm her acne. So my sister told me all about it because she thought that maybe I should try it since I have that similar problem and because it was cheaper than my previous toner.

I was initially super skeptical about it because my previous toner was working perfectly fine for me. But when the time came that I used it all up, I made a decision to give this toner a try. Luckily, a Healthy Options shop was nearby so I was able to get it there.

I think I’ve been using this product for the whole of 2019 and my skin didn’t have any bad reactions to it. I think it even helped in brightening up my skin a bit.




2. Face Shop Rice Bright Facial Wash
I tried this face wash after my mom recommended that I try it. She had been using this face wash for almost a year prior to recommending it to me. She wanted me to try it because it helped in brightening her skin.

I gave it a try since I was already using face masks from Face Shop so I thought that since the face masks didn’t irritate my skin, this face wash might be the same since I think most of their products are gentle in formulation. And I think it worked because I think it was a good combination with the toner in brightening up my skin.




3. Dr. Belmeur Facial Moisturizer
I tried this moisturizer when my old moisturizer ran out. Since I was already using different products from The Face Shop, I thought why not give their moisturizers a try.

This one is around the price of my old moisturizer which means that it is more expensive compared to my face wash and toner. However, I specifically chose this one among all of their moisturizers because it came from their line for sensitive skin. I didn’t want to choose anything that might counteract the positive effects of my toner and face wash so I thought that it would be safer for me to opt for a moisturizer made for sensitive skin. 


All in all, I think my experimentation with skincare products was successful because my skin is less oily now and I think I generally have less acne.


Kpop

Last year, I was still very into Kpop and even listened to a lot of songs by different artists and not just by the groups that I stan. It was also the year that I started collecting Kpop albums.


1. Kpop Albums
For my birthday last year, I decided to buy myself my first Kpop album. I’ve been looking around at online shops for those that were legit sellers. When I found one, I decided to choose a couple of albums by my favorite artists. Of course I was only able to choose among those that they have available which is mostly BTS, Twice, and Blackpink. I was initially supposed to get a Got7 album last October but during that time, I hadn’t made up my mind if I was really willing to purchase albums. So I ended up cancelling that order which I really regretted when I finally made up my mind because it became unavailable shortly after.

Anyway, prior to my birthday, there was an 11.11 sale in Lazada. I saw that the items I saved in my cart was also a part of the sale. I initially only wanted to buy one but the sale got me into buying my first three albums. I did this because after my computation, it seemed like the price for the three albums was equivalent to the price of one so I thought that it was such a steal. 


Mobile Apps

My last category in my favorites for 2019 is mobile apps. These are the apps that I’ve discovered or loved using in 2019.

Photo taken from Google Images.

1. Lazada and Shopee
2019 was the year when I first tried online shopping. After trying it out for the first time, I was amazed at how convenient it was and how if an item isn’t available in stores nearby, I was still able to get my hands on it through online shopping. But after that initial purchase around May, I got hooked on browsing through and buying more items from these online shops. After noticing that I was spending too much on unnecessary things, I stopped myself from browsing through these apps because it was so easy to get sucked into them and keep buying.

However, I got into online shopping again around November after buying my first Kpop albums. As I mentioned above, the sales were what really got me into buying online again because the items were significantly cheaper online compared to their prices in the physical stores. And some items, I was only able to find in these apps.




Photos taken from Google Images.

2. BTS World, Love Idol, and Covet Fashion
I combined these three apps together in one number because they are the games that I played all through 2019. They helped me pass the time when I was bored and I truly enjoyed them because they were so different from each other that I didn’t get tired of playing them.

Also, I enjoyed being able to level up without the stress and hassle of needing to be online and ready to play all the time. They allowed me to play whenever I want and I didn’t have any timed challenges or quests to worry about if I wanted to level up in the game.




Photos taken from Google Images.

3. Nichi and Snapseed
I only started using these apps around the last part of 2019 but I included them because after discovering them, I truly enjoyed using them.

I use Nichi to make my phone wallpapers and I use Snapseed to edit my photos. They’re really useful for me because they help me achieve the aesthetic that I want.


So all of these were my favorites during 2019. I wanted to include more of my new Kpop album collection but I felt that they deserve a post of their own so that I can fangirl more and include more photos of them so I might do that later on.

I guess that’s all for now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment