Saturday, April 27, 2019

Thoughts: Twice’s “Fancy” music video


Photo taken from Google Images.

Hello!

I have finally watched Twice’s “Fancy” music video.

I wasn’t able to watch it as soon as it came out but on the second day since its release, I’ve watched it.

Initially, I wasn’t sure how I feel about it. I thought that it wasn’t as catchy as their previous songs and it’s not really something that’s going to be easy to sing along to. I also thought that I didn’t like it because I didn’t immediately want to repeat listening to it.

But then, this morning, I re-watched it before writing this post so that I can refresh on some of the details of the song and at the back of my mind, I wanted to love the song as much as I love their previous songs. Anyways, as I was re-watching the music video, I thought that it wasn’t as bad as the first time I watched it. So I also started watching their stages. After that, I started to question why I didn’t like it in the first place. I really love the song now.

One of the things I noticed was that their music video for this song seemed more mature than their previous music videos. This is clearly seen in some of their outfits. With that, I think this will open them up to doing other concepts that may not be similar to their previous concepts. I think this will definitely be a good stepping stone for them to get into girl crush concept and other more mature and sexier concepts.

It also seems to me that with this comeback, they were branching out of their usual concepts. Their concept for this wasn’t as bright and cheery as usual. To be honest, I was actually kind of looking forward to this comeback because they mentioned during their appearance on “Super Intern” that they were thinking of trying out a different concept. Since seeing that episode, I was really looking forward to seeing if they will really try a new concept.

“Fancy” also seemed to have some sort of retro feel to it that I guess I wasn’t able to appreciate the first time I heard it. But later on, I noticed how different it was from their previous style but at the same time, I learned that the song is very pleasant to listen to. I still think that it’s not as catchy as some of their previous songs but it’s catchy in a different way. There is something about the melody that makes it catchy even if the lyrics are more difficult for me to remember.

So that’s all for now. Let me know if you have thoughts about Twice’s latest comeback in comments portion.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment