Monday, April 9, 2018

Thoughts: Twice’s “What is Love?” music video


Photo taken from Google Images.

Hello!

I have already watched Twice’s “What is Love?” music video!!!

I can’t believe that I was able to watch it a few minutes after it was released. I believe that I was so early that the comments couldn’t be seen yet. Also, it’s actually the first ever music video that I was able to watch within the first hour that the music video was released so I’m super proud of myself for that.

Anyways…

I was super excited for this music video because I’ve been waiting for it ever since it was announced that they were going to have a comeback this April. I really loved their previous music video releases ever since I became a fan so I was excited and really expectant that this music video would live up to that expectation. And they didn’t disappoint because I really loved this music video as well.

So…

One of the first things that really stood out to me was that they had a lot of movie references that I knew. Most of the movie references that they made were movies that I love or I’ve already watched them so I got really excited whenever I recognized which movie they were referring to.

Another thing that got my attention was that for some of them whose movie references involved having a partner, their supposed love interests were other Twice members as well. That was fun to watch because, as I recall, the first one who had a partner was Jeongyeon so I was surprised that her partner was Mina instead of a guy. After that, whenever they had scenes that involved a partner, I really watched out to who will play the partner. I don’t really know why I found that exciting though.

I also loved how upbeat and danceable (is this even a word?) it was. I also want to note how relatable the message is for someone who’s never been in a relationship because sometimes, I do think about those things. I don’t know if that’s just me but that was so relatable.

And lastly, they all looked so good in this music video. During parts where they had a solo shots, they really did look so stunning.  I also loved the chorus parts where they all wore gowns because they all looked so pretty. One thing that I think deserves a special mention was that I was quite surprised at how stunning and grown-up Dahyun looked in her individual shot (the one with the golden gown).

So that’s all for now, if you want to see the music video, I will also leave a link below.

Bye!

P.S. Here’s the link to Twice’s “What is Love?” MV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0p1bmr0EmE

No comments:

Post a Comment