Sunday, February 25, 2018

Thoughts: Twice’s “Brand New Girl”


Photo taken from Google Images.

Hello!

Have you seen Twice’s new music video “Brand New Girl”?

I realize that it has been out for quite some time as of this writing but I have just recently watched it.

Anyway…

I think that this is the first time that I’m writing about what I think about a Twice music video. I know that I usually write about Got7. In fact, I think this is the first time that I’m writing about my thoughts about a music video that isn’t Got7’s music video.

But to tell you honestly, this isn’t my first time to watch a Twice music video. I have watched all their other music videos before but I just wasn’t able to really write about my thoughts on any of them. But since I don’t really have much to do right now, I decided to write my thoughts about their most recent music video.

So here it goes…

As I have written in the beginning and as you can see in the title, the music video’s title is “Brand New Girl”. It’s a music video of one of their Japanese songs from their most recent Japanese album. I believe that this song is from the same album as “Candy Pop”. (Please correct me if I’m wrong though.)

I really enjoyed listening to “Brand New Girl”. I’m not really sure if it’s vastly different from all their previous music videos or songs since it seems a bit similar to me. Anyway, I think that this music video is really cute, fun, and bright because it seems to incorporate similar vibes to that of old school music videos and it uses a bit of animation. If you’ve seen the movie “Grease”, I think that the beginning and end parts of this music video is kind of similar to that movie. I’m not saying that it’s exactly the same because it definitely is not but the vibe I got from “Brand New Girl” reminded me of “Grease”.

I also noticed that the line distribution and screen time was a bit different from what I was used to. For example, one of the biggest things I noticed was that Momo had a lot of lines for this song so we are able to see more of her as well in the music video.

All in all, I really liked the song. However, I’m a bit disappointed that it doesn’t have subtitles because I couldn’t really understand anything and I really do wish to understand what the song is about. But I guess it’s okay since I could always look for translations.

I don’t really have much to say anymore so I guess that’s all for now.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment