Saturday, December 3, 2016

Things I’ve Been Up To

Hello!

I don’t really know what I want to talk about. I know that this has been happening for quite a while but I think that this may be due to the fact that I’ve been swamped with a lot of work lately which makes me feel uninspired and unmotivated. I don’t really know why this happens to me because I feel like at times like these, I should be feeling more motivated and inspired because I’m so close to my goals.

So for now… I’m just going to update you all about what’s been going on with me.

One of the things that I’m quite busy with is organizing an event for a class. I don’t really know why I’m spending so much of my time doing that instead of studying for my other classes but that’s what I’m doing. At first, I thought that it was quite fun because I sometimes get a bit excited when I’m given opportunities wherein I can showcase my creativity and organizing skills. But after a while, I just started feeling drained especially because it’s a team effort and I just feel like not everyone in the team is doing their best to help out.

However, as of the last few days, I’ve been feeling quite motivated in a sense that I’m being more productive and I’ve started going back to my exercise routine. I’ve also even started using the Pomodoro technique again although this time, with a new app that I downloaded in my phone. My friend recommended it to me and I’ve been quite obsessed with using it for the past few days. I think that it’s a Pomodoro or timer app wherein you’re being motivated to study by planting trees in your virtual forest. It’s very motivating for me because it makes me focus more on the task at hand and at the same time, it makes me feel like pushing myself to finish the timer that I set because whenever you quit or cancel the time, the tree or plant dies.

Another thing that I think helped me get some of my motivation back is hearing a story from my sister about someone she knew that was quite an organized person who had good habits when it comes to disciplining himself to study and make time for everything that he wants to do. It motivated me because I’ve always aspired to be like that and that pushed me to try to be more effective in using my time.

I’ve also wanted to tell you all that I’ve ditched my old workout routine because it only consisted of a few exercises that I knew and researched online. Eventually, I grew tired of that routine. However, I still continue my workouts but lately, I’ve been using a new app in my phone that has a variety of training programs to choose from. I’ve been enjoying it recently because it gives me a variety of exercises to do and it is able to give me a proper timer that helps in motivating me to exercise.

I guess that’s all for now. I can’t really think of anything more to say. I’ll try to post something about some of my favorites soon.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment