Saturday, December 14, 2019

What I Got Up To


Hello!

In the past few months that I was away, I got up to a lot of things. One of these things was that I finally finished another book for this year. I finally finished “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes. I have been reading and trying to finish this book for months but it took me so long to finish because I haven’t been consistently reading again. I’ve been trying my hardest to read more books because I do love reading but as you may know, I haven’t been doing a good job in allotting time for it in my life.

I actually bought this book after watching the movie for a couple of times. I didn’t immediately want to buy it because I just wasn’t interested in reading it. Watching the movie was actually enough for me. It wasn’t one of those movies that immediately made me want to go and purchase the book that it was adapted from. I actually bought this book impulsively because I was only supposed to buy a different book and on the way to the cashier, I spotted it. For some reason, at that time, I decided that I wanted to give the book a shot.

Now that I’ve read the book, I’m so happy that although it was an impulse buy, it wasn’t totally regrettable because I actually liked the story. Although, admittedly, there were times that I kind of grew bored of it because it was taking me too long to reach parts that I’ve seen in the movie. 

Anyways, I think that reading the book was good and it did let me get to know the characters more. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I read it before seeing the movie because I wouldn’t have been rushing to the parts that I knew and I think it would have left more room for my imagination to visualize everything instead of seeing what I saw in the movie while reading those parts.

Another thing that I got up to was buying Kpop albums. This is not my first time to buy albums because I used to buy Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, and Jonas Brothers albums years ago. I got my first Kpop albums recently during the Lazada 11.11 sale. I was able to purchase three albums at the price of one. I was super excited about this because I’ve been thinking of buying at least one for such a long time now ever since I started getting really into Kpop but the lack of nearby CD shops and the price of the albums stopped me from doing that. So when I came across this shop from Lazada and I saw that it was selling albums, I was super excited. And to top it off, they took part in the sale and slashed the prices to about 50% off. Since I wanted to buy Kpop albums so much, I decided to go for it as an early birthday present to myself. And since it became cheaper due to the slashing of the price, I decided to buy three since they would be equivalent to one normal priced album. I chose Blackpink’s “Kill This Love”, BTS’ “Love Yourself: Answer” and “Map of the Soul: Persona”. I wasn’t able to get a Got7 and Twice album because they run out before I was able to include them in my cart. I got lucky I got these three because as soon as I checked out and completed my transaction, they were also sold out. The delivery was great because it arrived within the time frame given and the packaging was in great condition.

When I finally got my hands on the albums, I was super excited and happy. It brought back those old feelings that I got whenever I used to buy albums. I’m a really sentimental person and buying these albums and having my collections help me document the times that I’ve loved these groups and the songs that I listen to.

I’ve also immediately went ahead and bought other albums in a physical store. I bought Astro’s “All Light” and Blacpink’s “Square Up” in a mall somewhat near our home. Unfortunately, I was unable to buy more because they didn’t sell a lot of albums that I was actually looking for.

And finally, I had my birthday last month and it was the first time that I felt like it was the new year. I don’t usually feel like it’s a new year during my birthdays but for some reason, this year,I felt really moved to improve my self-discipline and to be more confident in myself. I’ve been trying to do this for some time now but this is the first time that I’ve actually been trying to be more aware of what I’m doing and I’m being more experimental when it comes to what and who I really want to be.

Anyway, that’s all for now. I’m not going to include pictures in this post but I might post a year-end post that would include things that I’ve loved and made me happy this year. So stay tuned for that.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment