Saturday, February 16, 2019

Thoughts: Itzy’s “Dalla Dalla” music video


Photo taken from Google Images.

Hello!

So just this week, JYP’s new girl group, Itzy, made their debut.

When their music video teasers first came out, I was already curious about them. For one, when I saw Teaser 2, I thought that they seemed to have a totally different concept from Twice. I also got curious about how their music video would go after seeing Teaser 2.

So when their music video was finally released, I immediately watched it as soon as I got home from work. 

At first, I had mixed emotions about the song and music video. I wasn’t so sure if I liked it or not. However, after watching it a couple more times, I started to really love it. It slowly grew on me and now I can’t seem to stop listening to it whenever I have the chance.

I’ve come to realize how catchy the song was probably after watching it the third or fourth time. I think that during the first two times that I watched and listened to the music video, I was still trying to process everything. Also, I think that maybe because I watched the Teaser 2 so many times, I was expecting the whole song to have the same feel and when it didn’t I was initially confused.

Then the day after the music video was released, that’s when I watched the music video with the subtitles turned on. I got curious as to what the song was about. 

I found their message quite empowering. It was a song about loving yourself regardless of how different you are from others and despite what others tell you. I think that that message is beautiful because nowadays, we tend to care a lot about what other people think about us. Sometimes, I think we fail to see our strengths or other great traits.

Anyways…

That’s all for now. I will leave the link to their music video below if you want to check it out.

Bye!


Link to Itzy’s “Dalla Dalla” music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNfTK39k55U

No comments:

Post a Comment