Saturday, November 11, 2017

Book Review: “Belzhar”


Hello!

A few days ago, I was able to finish another book. The book’s title is “Belzhar” and it was written by Meg Wolitzer.

I was so happy when I finished it because even if I’m still kind of far from reaching my goal of reading more books this year compared to last year, I’m once again one step closer to reaching that goal.

Another reason why I’m happy about finishing this book is because I typically read books that can be classified as romance novels/books. I’m not really used to reading books that don’t center on that. 

In case you don’t know about the book, I’ll try my best to give you my summary. It’s about a girl named Jam who was sent to The Wooden Barn after the death of her boyfriend. The Wooden Barn is basically a place where they send young people like Jam who people consider to be emotionally fragile.

That’s all I’m giving in the summary because I don’t want to give too much away because I do believe that it’s a really good book and that it’s definitely worth the read because it talks about loss and how people deal with it to get closure.

And I know that some might say that they don’t want to read it if it’s about loss because it’s going to be sad. Let me tell you now that I didn’t really feel that way while reading the book. I can’t really find the words to explain why I felt that way but it’s really not sad.

So moving on to my thoughts while reading the book…

Initially, I felt that it was a bit dragging. I wasn’t initially hooked on it as I was while reading the middle to end parts. However, it might just be because I was waiting for something to happen. (Which I don’t want to spoil for those who wants to read the book.)

But don’t get me wrong. It really does get interesting because the story lets us get to know more about the characters’ stories about the reasons why they were sent to The Wooden Barn. There’s also a lot of plot twists to look forward to in the story which could keep you up at night to get to the bottom of it.

So I think that’s all I want to say. If you want to discuss about it you can comment below. 

That’s all for now, bye! 

1 comment:

  1. you are really a good webmaster. The website loading pace is amazing.
    It sort of feels that you are doing any unique trick.
    Also, The contents are masterwork. you've done a excellent job in this topic!

    ReplyDelete