Saturday, March 5, 2016

Conference Day Update!

Photo taken from Google Images.

Hello!

So last week, I talked about how excited I was about a conference where our group’s paper was accepted and that we were given a chance to present our paper. I also promised to give you an update on my experiences in the conference.

So here it goes…

I have, for the first time (that I remember), rode on the LRT aka the Light Rail Transit system. At first, I was so excited because I felt so much like an independent woman ready to take on anything. However, after transferring to another station, I didn’t really feel that way anymore because there was so much more people in the second station than on the station that I first rode on. I guess I got a bit surprised by the amount of people because I was expecting that there won’t be as much people that particular time.

Moving on to the before the presentation, I was kind of nervous at first because my mind kept racing about needing to be prepared because I felt like everything was going to be formal and that I didn’t want to make a mistake because I want people to have a good impression of our group. I also kept feeling nervous because I don’t want my shyness to overcome me.

When the time came for the actual presentation, all the worries that I had disappeared probably because I wasn’t thinking so much about it anymore and that more friends and our professor watched us which made me feel more comfortable. I just focused on giving my best and having fun so that I can enjoy this opportunity.

After the conference, I left quite early because I didn’t want to have to commute during the rush hour. I also left without eating lunch yet and it was already the afternoon. I was very tired and hungry after the conference but nothing could bring me down that day. I was just too ecstatic that day.

That was my experience during the conference last Saturday. It’s not really everything that I experienced and felt that day because I couldn’t put everything into words but I had an amazing time and I wish you were there to experience it with me.

That’s all for now, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment