Sunday, December 20, 2015

The OC Life

Is it really that bad to be OC?

Some people think that being OC is bad and that it makes people do unnecessary things. Some people think that it’s fine because that’s just how a person is.

For someone who has lived her life dealing with being obsessive-compulsive, I never thought of it as something bad. I’ve always thought of it as something great and sometimes even very useful. For one, I never had to worry about forgetting things because I usually checked more than once. I would have a mental list and a checklist of sorts – ranging from little notes, to having a checklist in notebooks, to writing them down on a whiteboard. I also had a planner and a separate list to write dates that I need to remember. Because of that, I think being OC helps me get organized and efficient.

Photo taken from Google Images.

Another thing about being OC is that you like to keep things neat and in order. I don’t really see anything bad about this particularly because isn’t it so satisfying to see that your surroundings are beautifully arranged and clean – no dust, no fallen hair? 

Photo taken from Google Images.

Despite these positive things I see, I admit that there are some down sides. For example, I get a bit stressed whenever I start thinking about something and I can’t figure out its name or some qualities of it so I get this feeling that I must find the answer and it leaves me feeling so worked up over something that might not really bother another person.

However, in the end, I still think that being OC helps me in a lot of ways and that I must say that I’m proud of myself for accepting that and learning to use it to my advantage.

These are just me and how I experience being OC. People are different and I guess in a lot of ways, we deal with this differently and we look at it from different points of view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment