Saturday, February 25, 2017

Archie and Friends

Photo taken from Google Images.

Hello!

I want to share with all of you about a TV show that I recently got into. The title of the show is “Riverdale”. I’ve heard about it from time to time last year but I never really paid much attention to it because during that time, it wasn’t airing yet. However, I think around Thursday last week, I heard about it again through my social media and I was instantly intrigued because I’ve known about Archie and his friends from when I was a child. And based on the trailer of the series that I saw that time, I thought that “Riverdale” was still about Archie and his friends but its storyline seems darker than the Archie I knew and it was set in more contemporary times.

When I saw that trailer, I immediately tried to look for a website where I could watch it. Since it already had three episodes aired during that time, I immediately binged watched it because it made me feel like I want to keep watching.

Another thing I liked about the show besides how familiar I felt about the characters was that the storyline or the overall feel of the show seemed to remind me of “Gossip Girl” and “The Vampire Diaries”. I think that some of the elements from these two shows were present in “Riverdale” and it just so happens that those elements that seem to be in it were the elements that I kind of liked from the two shows.

Also, I want to talk about how gorgeous the actors and actresses are. I think that the whole cast looks good. And to add to that, even if I’m not exactly the best at judging whether someone is good at acting, I think that their good actors and actresses considering that the main characters are portrayed by relatively young actors and actresses.

I also think that because they changed Archie’s story up a bit, it seemed that they were able to elicit more reactions from viewers, especially those who knew about the comic book Archie. Or maybe that’s just me?

Well… that’s all for now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment