Saturday, January 28, 2017

Winning the Heart of the Crown


Hello!

I’m so excited to say that I was already able to finish a book this year.

Last year, I started reading “The Crown” by Keira Cass. It took me a while to finish because I didn’t really have enough time to read books for fun. Also, the amount of things that I have to read for school sometimes wore me out and sometimes made me think “Do I want to read more today?”

So… during my holiday break from school, I set aside some time for reading. I can’t believe how much I missed being able to read fast and go through lot of books. I decided to try to learn to read fast again and get back to enjoying reading a lot.

Moving on… I really liked the story of “The Crown”. I felt that it had a nice ending even if it was a bit of an unexpected surprise for me since I already had a guy chosen for Eadlyn. I already had someone that I wanted her to be with while reading the previous book which was “The Heir”.

My first choice for her was Henri because I just thought that he seemed so adorable for her because he was so sweet and devoted to her even though they had a language barrier. Also, for some reason, Henri kind of reminded me of Peeta from the “Hunger Games”. It’s probably because they both bake but I just really loved them both.

My other choice for her was Kile just because it seemed like they were already getting along quite well. Also, I thought that it would be kind of cute for her to end up with one of her childhood friends and a guy whose family is a family friend.

But I guess her final choice was for the best since from the start, it was already made clear that she was someone whose life if filled with unexpected surprises. I also thought that it kind of showed how far she’d come from who she was at the beginning of “The Heir”. I also guess that with that kind of ending, we were able to see a side of her which more vulnerable and at the same time more lovable.

Finally, I think that the book’s storyline was quite good and worth reading. It was filled with some surprising moments that you can’t really believe would happen.

That’s all for now, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment