Saturday, July 23, 2016

Better School Year Ahead

Photo taken from Google Images.

Hello!

As I’m writing this, I’m done with my summer classes and I’m waiting for my grades to come out. I’ve taken summer classes ever since I was a freshman in college because I wanted to be able to graduate early or at least to lessen my load for my last semester. I usually take one or two classes depending on how much load the classes have.

So recently, I noticed that even if I was trying really hard to be more organized and not procrastinate, I still end up not being able to do it. I still end up studying so close to the exam date and losing a lot of time doing things that aren’t at all related to school. Upon realizing this, I think that I really need to have more self-control.

I decided to post this realization in hopes that maybe I can also help some of you who read this to come with me on this journey to being someone who has self-control.

I decided to start with using the Pomodoro technique while doing my schoolwork. I have watched a lot of school-related videos on Youtube about using this technique to increase productivity because you focus for about twenty-five minutes then you get to take five minute breaks every after every session. This, of course may be tweaked a bit depending on your preference. I’ve tried using this technique before but I didn’t do it all the time. I did it spontaneously, usually only during the times when it’s so close to the exam day and I tell myself that I’m finally going to be more organized and have more self-control. But then, when exam isn’t close, I have a tendency to not use it.

Now, I plan to use this Pomodoro technique more frequently so that I could actually reap the benefits that it’s supposed to bring. I especially plan on using it when I do my readings so that I’d be able to manage my time and increase my productivity because I learned that doing my readings takes up a lot of my time which leads me to being unable to do other school works.

I also decided to drink more water and lessen my junk food intake. This may not seem really useful for gaining more self-control but I think it’s necessary for me because I noticed that when I drink more water, I feel more energized. I think that feeling energized lets me do more because I don’t feel like taking a nap all the time. Also, this may sound a bit weird but whenever I drink more water, I feel better about myself which often leads me to a mindset that I’m in control of myself. Also, I think that whenever I drink water before purchasing food, I have a tendency to think twice about what I’m buying. This leads me to avoid buying junk food which is not only good for my budget but is also good for my health.

I’ve also started eating less junk food and I realized that it had the same effect on me as drinking more water. It leaves me feeling more energized and feeling better about myself.

So these are some steps that I think would lead me to have more self-control. Let me know in the comments if you have other tips because I feel like I really need the help and it might help others too.

That’s all for now, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment