Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Girl Behind the Dark Glasses


Hello!

During the latter part of May until the earlier part of June, I was able to go through some of my books that I bought but haven’t read yet because I wasn’t busy that time. So for this post, I would like to post another book recommendation. 

So far, this book has been the last book that I have finished. Its title is “Finding Audrey” by Sophie Kinsella. I bought this book because I remember that Sophie Kinsella wrote the “Confessions of a Shopaholic”. I didn’t read that book but I was able to see the movie and I thought that it was really funny but at the same time, you kind of learn and appreciate a lot of things from the story. So when I saw that she wrote “Finding Audrey”, I thought that it might be a story about a fashionista because the cover showed a girl with sunglasses. Also, I bought it because of the cover (as usual).

When I read the book, I realized that I was so wrong with the type of story that I expected. However, I wasn’t disappointed at all because I really loved the story. Also, as a psychology major that just recently finished a class in abnormal psychology, I was kind of impressed with how Sophie Kinsella incorporated Audrey’s mental illness in the story. I feel like even if she didn’t say exactly what kind of illness it was, I felt that how Audrey was being treated and how she was recovering may be a bit more realistic than how mental illness is often portrayed. Also, I loved that the mental illness was kind of recognized as an actual illness because I think that it somehow contributes in making people more aware of mental illness and how serious it is.

Also, I really enjoyed how the characters related to each other, especially the relationship between Audrey’s mom and her brother. This is because their family dynamic was kind of cute and funny because we have a mother who’s more old-fashioned and a son who spends a lot of time playing an online game that he says is considered a sport in some countries or places in the world.

That’s all for now! Sorry for the short review but I highly recommend this book. It’s really fun and easy to read. If you’ve read the book, feel free to comment what you think.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment