Saturday, April 2, 2016

Bringing Back the Eye of the Tiger

Photo taken from Google Images.

Hello!

So the Holy Week break had just passed and now I have to go back to school. I had to adjust again to going back because during the break, I was able to feel like I was on a mini vacation with no worries and just being able to laze around.
                              
I found it difficult to adjust again because I was away during most of the break. My family and I went to our province for most of the week. There, I did a lot of sleeping and eating and not much of studying. I kind of regretted that decision towards the end because I realized that I had a lot of things to do and because I didn’t spread my work during the week, it left me only a few days to work on everything that I needed to accomplish. On top of that, I also lacked motivation to study and go back to school because I felt that the break went by so fast and I felt like I didn’t want it to end because I had already grown accustomed to that mentality of waking up later and lounging around.

To help me get my focus back, I tried to do a couple of things that I knew from my previous experiences would work. I’d like to share them with you in case you’re still feeling or you usually feel like how I felt whenever you have a break and then you have to resume school after.

The first thing I did was put my things in order. After I came back from our stay in the province, I put away all the things I brought with me and tried to re-organize my surrounding because I somehow left them a bit unorganized when we left for the province. I did this because it helped me get back to the feeling of being back home and having my responsibilities back. Also, I just think that it’s kind of difficult to think about being productive and working on things that I need to finish whenever I am constantly reminded of vacation. Furthermore, if I leave my things that I brought from the vacation, there would be more things to do for me and more distractions.

The second thing I did was watch study tips video in Youtube. I’m not really sure why these videos motivate me to study but I suspect that it may be because when they re-enact studying, it makes me think about doing the same. I guess they sort of become my role models for studying.

The third and final thing I did was to actually start doing the things that need to be done. Once I started working on them, I was able to get focused and find my work rhythm. I think that this helped my motivation because the things I had to do were clearly up in my face and I can see how much I had to do.

So those three things helped me motivate myself to get back into a more productive mindset. You can try them out if you want or if you’re still searching for ways to motivate you when you’re in this situation.

That’s all for now, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment