Sunday, March 27, 2016

Ms. Thrifty

Hello!

So first of all, I’m so sorry for uploading late this week. I was away for a short vacation and I wasn’t able to write for the week. But it’s better late than never right?

Now… moving on to what I actually want to write about this week…

So lately… I have been trying to spend less money. I started this because I noticed that I have been spending a lot and sometimes, the things I spend on are not exactly things that I would need. There would be times when I feel like I have accumulated a lot of things that I don’t exactly use a lot of times but then when I look at my purse I would notice that I don’t exactly have a lot of money.

So these past few weeks… I am trying to spend less by following certain techniques that I found online and some techniques that I learned in one of my psychology class.

One of the first things that I tried is noting down all my expenses. This involves how much I spend and what I spend on. This helps me track my spending habits so that I know the things I spend a lot on so that in the future I could avoid them. Also it helps me keep track of my improvement because I can see how much I spent before and after or the last week and the current week.

Another thing I tried was separating my money into multiple purses so that I don’t have a lot of money to spend which helps me stay away from the temptation of spending too much.

Those two things seem to be a bit effective for me in saving more and spending less. I feel like because I’m consciously trying to make that change I am more able to do them because I am aware of my bad habits and I’m actually trying to change them. Although, you don’t have to limit yourself to keeping track of everything alone; you can also involve the help of your family and friends so that you’d be more reinforced to follow through with it.

That’s all for now. If you have more suggestions that I missed out, you can comment them below. It’s really fun to save but you just have to have the willpower to say no to spending.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment