Sunday, January 6, 2019

2019 New Year’s Resolutions


Photo taken from Google Image.

Hello!

Happy new year everybody!

So last year, I really sucked at following through my new year’s resolutions. I wasn’t able to keep up in doing them and I totally failed at others. Honestly, it was so disappointing because not only did I fail at that but those resolutions were things that I really wanted to achieve.

I’ve reflected on why I failed at my resolutions just so that I won’t repeat the same mistakes anymore for this year and the coming years. One of the main reasons is that I think it was because of my lack of discipline in following through. There were a lot of times last year when I caught myself slacking off but I told myself that I’ll just do it tomorrow and I kept doing that which added up to not being able to achieve things. Another thing I realized was that last year, I was adjusting to a lot of things and that ended up taking up a lot of my energy.

But anyways…

This year, I still haven’t given up on making resolutions because these resolutions are my goals and things I want to improve on in my life. And since I now know my weakness from last year, I think I may have a better chance at achieving my resolutions this year.

So without further ado, here are my 2019 resolutions:

1. Be healthier.

This is number one on my list because it’s been something that I’ve been trying to attain for years now. I want to be healthier because it’s better for me in the long run and at the same time, I think it will help me gain more confidence in myself. 

During my college days, I was really unhealthy which made me gain a lot of weight. I was never really a chubby child in fact, you could say that I was on the slimmer side when I was a child up to my early to mid teenage years. But when I was in college, I got really big and unhealthy because of the amount of junk food I consumed. I was stress eating a lot and I got really into eating junk foods because I could afford them more.

As an adult, that’s something I want to change because I don’t want to have a lot of health problems when I’m older. I don’t want to reach a point wherein I have to take a lot of maintenance medicines just so that I could function properly. So I want to start being healthier now to avoid all of that. Another reason why I want to live a healthier life is so that I can keep up with my friends and family. I want to be able to do a lot of things with them and I don’t want my health to restrict that.

And finally, the more short-term reason why I want to be healthier is because I want to lose all of the weight I gained while I was in college. I want to go back to being slimmer or closer to that. I just want to get my confidence back by being healthier and more active.

2. Be more positive.

For the past years, I’ve been living my life by comparing myself to others. I compared the achievements and accomplishments of others to my own. And everytime I did that, I started feeling really bad especially when I’m not on the same level as my peers. I wasn’t contented with what I had which led me to have lower self-esteem and in constant stress and anxiety because I want to reach what they’re achieving.

This year I want to change that by comparing myself less to others and just looking at myself. It doesn’t mean that I don’t want to strive to get better but I want to focus more on myself and my progress only. I’ve realized now that all of us have a different pace and maybe my time hasn’t come yet. But I must continue to improve myself so that when my time comes, I can actually be successful and enjoy my time to shine.

I also want to avoid negativity now by trying to not engage in conversations that talk about others negatively or conversations where everyone brings themselves or others down. I don’t want to involve myself in that because I want to avoid negative vibes and attract all the positive vibes from now on.

3. Spend my time more wisely.

The past year, I felt like I wasn’t able to do as much the things I wanted to do because I didn’t budget my time wisely. This stemmed from my lack of discipline when it comes to doing things.

This year, I want to be able to do more things and accomplish more. I don’t want to keep putting things off anymore. I also want to be more responsible by accomplishing more things and doing all my commitments. I think that since I started taking steps to becoming more of a minimalist last year, I can do this resolution better because I don’t feel as cluttered and chaotic anymore. 



So these are my 2019 resolutions. Again, these resolutions serve as my goals for this year. These would hopefully guide me towards becoming a better version of myself.

That’s all for now. See you soon.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment