Saturday, December 30, 2017

Decluttering High

Hello!

How was your holidays? I hope you enjoyed it with your loved ones or if you didn’t spend it with your loved ones, I hope you still had an amazing time.

Anyways…

I think that this year, I got really into watching videos about decluttering and minimalism. I don’t really know why I love watching people declutter or see minimalist-looking spaces but I just feel so satisfied while watching or looking at these kinds of videos. Also, these videos really inspire me to do the same and it really pushes me to declutter and minimize the amount of things that I own.

So last week, I didn’t really have a lot of things to do since I didn’t have job interview schedules since it was approaching the holidays and I think most companies were enjoying their company parties. During those times, I was mostly free and bored because the only thing I really had to do was to send out my resume and job applications. 

So… I ended up decluttering around our house.

While decluttering, I felt so productive and happy because I was getting rid of things that I don’t want or need anymore. It made me feel great to know that I was letting old things go. When you’re cleaning, have you noticed that there are times when your feelings affect how much things you’re willing to let go? And then have you also noticed that there’s sometimes a certain mood wherein there’s more probability for you to get rid of things more because you’re not as sentimental as other times? I think that I am experiencing that kind of mood lately.

When I declutter, I usually make three piles: things that I will keep, things that I will throw away and things that I will donate. Those things that I don’t want anymore but that could still be useful, like books and clothes in good condition, I decided to donate to charities or any place that would accept them. (So far, I haven’t found a place to donate them yet but if you know somewhere I can donate maybe you can comment or message me about it because I really want to get rid of these items but I don’t want to just throw them away.)

So far, I noticed that the decluttering process feels great because it feels like I’m preparing for a brand new start. It also feels like I’m making room for the future. I’m not really sure why I feel this way but I think when you see more space it just reminds you of that feeling. Overall, I feel this amazing feeling after decluttering. Have you ever heard of a runner’s high? The feeling that some or probably most runners get after they take a run? I feel like decluttering gives me a similar kind of high which makes me want to continue the process even if it’s a bit tiring and boring at times. 

For those who feel like they’re stuck in a rut, I really recommend decluttering. Maybe this process would help you make room for the future and get rid of things from your past that you want to move on from. You might also feel more productive because you would see the results immediately. And finally, you will most probably feel good after doing it.

I guess that’s all for now. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment