Saturday, April 30, 2016

A Small Reminder From A Concerned Citizen

Photo taken from Google Images.

Hello!

So I know that I didn’t post anything from the previous weeks. I was really busy during the past couple of weeks that I didn’t really have enough time to write. I also intended to change my posting schedule to being every other week instead of every week because I feel like I’m starting to run out of things to say and my schedule was starting to get busier than I expected. So I guess from now, I will be posting every other week just so that writing won’t feel like a chore because I have to constantly think of something to write about during the week.

Moving on…

Lately, I have been thinking about posting about the elections because they are coming up here in my country (the Philippines). I didn’t really want to post anything about it at first but I thought that I’ll just write about the things to consider since election time is coming closer and closer. I want to talk about how important it is to vote but not just vote but think about who you’re voting for and if you think they’re worthy of your vote.

So first of all, I would like to point out that I’m not going to talk about the candidates that I prefer and those that I don’t like. I don’t want to go through that because I know that people would have different opinions and I would like to keep those kinds of things to myself.

What I want to do is to emphasize that every vote matters and even if you think you’re just one person and how can one vote change anything, think about it again because what if your vote can be that vote that determines the winner. Another way of looking at it is that what if it wasn’t just you who thought like that? You, along with other people who thought that way, could be depriving the country of having the best candidate elected.

Another thing I want to talk about is how important it is to actually study or keep in mind the things that these candidates are promising and see if they could really deliver with these promises. Ask yourself whether what they’re saying is already in existence or if it is actually possible to do all those things while also keeping in mind if these things would do more good than bad for most of us.

Also, we should take a look at their past experiences and judge whether they have delivered on the promises they made and what things they’ve contributed for the country. We can’t just judge based on ideas and promises because those could be broken once they’re in office.

Let’s not be blinded by their promises and their words.

Let us always keep in mind to be smart voters because whoever would win would be our president for the next six years. We would all live with the consequences of that choice.

Vote wisely!

That’s all for now, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment