Friday, January 29, 2016

A Quirky Kind of Love


Hello! So since I enjoyed reviewing books from one of my previous posts, I decided to do it again. The book I want to write about is “Eleanor and Park” by Rainbow Rowell. I bought this book because I liked the cover and it came in a set with “Fangirl”. I liked the colors and the illustration on the cover and since it was on sale… I bought it.

From the start, I already knew that it was going to be a love story between the two because of the reviews by other people written on the cover and just the overall look of the cover. So while reading the beginning part, I was not so sure about how I felt about Park and Eleanor’s love story because they seemed so different from each other. I know that a lot of great romance stories start out like this but it seemed so contemporary and realistic that it feels like real life and in real life people who are that much different probably wouldn’t start dating in high school. But as I read further, I started liking their story because they’re so quirky and adorable together. They seemed so different from a regular couple. I also felt that I couldn’t put the book down because I kept feeling like I want to know more.

The style of how the story was told also reminded me of “Flipped” by Wendelin Van Draanen. The author was able to give the perspectives of both Eleanor and Park about the things that are going on. I thought that that was great because I was much more able to appreciate that no matter how different they were they still kind of loved each other in their own ways.

If you haven’t read the story yet, I highly recommend it… although some of its language and content may be a bit PG-13. If you have read it, what do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment